The Vegas Golden Knights are basically a hungry NFL offensive lineman approaching a buffet table right now.
It’s all a lot to take in … and the same goes for PHT’s coverage of the expansion draft.
With that in mind, here’s a handy guide to the most relevant stories. This post will be updated as the process goes along, so you might want to bookmark this to keep up.
Big picture links
- Here’s the list of available and protected players for all 30 teams.
- Vegas GM to teams fearing loss of players: “negotiate your way out of this.”
- Similar theme: George McPhee “holds all the cards.”
- Key dates in the process.
- For more thorough rules, click here.
- Key hires include Gerard Gallant as head coach.
- Golden Knights sign Shipachyov, might bring in KHL linemate Dadanov. Reid Duke becomes first signing in franchise history.
- One thing that didn’t go their way: the draft lottery.
- Pierre McGuire will host a “Round Table Rally” on NBCSN after the expansion draft results are revealed during the 2017 NHL Awards.
- History says competing right away won’t be easy for Vegas.
- McPhee wants to play “attack hockey.” Owner gives him early seal of approval.
How NHL teams are handling these challenges (More to come)
Columbus Blue Jackets
The Blue Jackets might strike a deal to keep someone they want, although it could be very costly.
Detroit Red Wings
Toronto Maple Leafs