Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wisconsin head coach Tony Granato had a lot of great things to say about Cole Caufield. (Montreal Gazette)
• Is it time for the the Capitals to give Ilya Samsonov some NHL starts? (NBC Sports Washington)
• Andrei Vasilevskiy‘s eight-year deal appears to be long, but it’s not that long when you consider his age. (Tampa Bay Times)
• Brian Dumoulin is an underrated player for the Pittsburgh Penguins. (Pensburgh)
• What type of value do some of the Winnipeg Jets’ contracts have? (Jets Nation)
• Ron Hextall would be a good fit as GM of the Minnesota Wild. (Hockey Wilderness)
• Who are the top bounce-back candidates in the NHL this season? (NHL.com)
• The Ottawa Senators are playing games with the salary cap and it’s not right. (ESPN)
• ProHockeyTalk’s 2019 NHL free agency tracker
• Your 2019-20 NHL on NBC TV schedule
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.