Players of the Night:
Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins: Malkin scored two more goals on Friday, bringing his total over the past three games to seven. That’s a lot. Malkin is now four back of Alex Ovechkin, who also scored twice on Friday.
Petr Mrazek, Detroit Red Wings: This seems to be a trend when yours truly writes The Buzzer. Mrazek was great again on Friday, stopping 36-of-37. His past six starts have been remarkably good. Two shutouts and in five of those six outings, his save percentage was no less than .944.
Highlights of the Night:
The goal was good. The call was better.
Phil the Thrill:
Aho with the one-handed mid-air tap in.
Factoids of the Night:
- ‘Spare parts’ doing the unimaginable in Vegas
- Sabres’ Larsson suspended two games for cross-checking Trocheck
- Gudas avoids suspension for Palmieri hit that inspired Zajac fight
- UK hockey player released after punching fan
- After returning home, Jagr says he’s far from finished
- PHT on Fantasy: The Monthly Method
Penguins 7, Capitals 4
Red Wings 4, Hurricanes 1
Sharks 3, Blue Jackets 1
Wild 5, Golden Knights 2