Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• Penalty kill was a focus during practice leading into the Cup Final and it paid off for the Avalanche. [Denver Post]
• “The pandemic prevented broadcaster Ismo Lehkonen from watching his son Artturi compete for the Cup live last year. As fate would have it, they get to share the experience a year later.” [Daily Faceoff]
• Don’t expect the Stanley Cup to travel to Russia this summer, and the 2022-23 NHL season will begin Oct. 11. All that and more from Commissioner Gary Bettman’s state of the league address. [PHT]
OH MY LINDGREN pic.twitter.com/gG2NWYpG4T
— x – Springfield Thunderbirds (@ThunderbirdsAHL) June 16, 2022
• Center depth is an issue that needs addressing this summer by Rangers GM Chris Drury. [Blueseat Blogs]
• Cho Min-Ho, South Korea’s first Olympic hockey goal scorer in 2018, dies at 35. [Olympic Talk]