Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• Here are your officials for the Second Round, which won’t include Kevin Pollock, T.J. Luxemore, and Shandor Alphonso. [Scouting the Refs]
• “Toronto Maple Leafs star winger Mitch Marner ‘is OK, just rattled,’ after he was carjacked in Etobicoke on Monday. Toronto police said that the carjacking happened at about 7:45 p.m. Monday at the Queensway and Islington Avenue, near Cineplex Cinemas, where the suspects stole Marner’s Black Range Rover at gunpoint.” [The Star]
Brad Marchand shows up to his media scrum wearing a Ramones t-shirt.
Question: “Favorite Ramones song?”
Marchand: “I’ll be honest, I have no idea who Ramone is.”
— Conor Ryan (@ConorRyan_93) May 16, 2022
• “Momentum can create false hope. It can lead to a skewed view of progress which can delay development. As a team, the Sabres made tremendous leaps in style of play, competitiveness, and confidence. They ended the season with wins in five of the last six games and leaving everyone wanting more. That’s good! Does it mean anything to how next year will go? Not one bit! But starting next season with a lot of confidence and knowledge of how they can play when they’ve got it together is something to use.” [Noted Hockey]
• Blackhawks general manager Kyle Davidson plans to take his time in finding a new head coach. [NBC Sports Chicago]
• Stars goalie Jake Oettinger on his breakthrough season: “I learned how fun the playoffs are and that’s what it’s all about, being in these situations and giving yourself an opportunity to win. So, I’ve never been more motivated than I am right now and I’m going to do everything I can to make sure that I get this opportunity again and I’ll make sure I’m on the other side of it the next time.” [NHL.com]