Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• “U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers recently seized counterfeit 1936 Detroit Red Wings Stanley Cup Championship rings. They found the shipment, containing 10 counterfeit rings, at the Champlain port of entry in New York, according to a news release. Officers determined the rings had a total Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) value of approximately $15,000.” [Freep]
• Barry Trotz’s teams are known for defense but these Islanders need a boost in offense next season. [NY Hockey Now]
• Speaking of goal scoring, examining the rise of goals this season in the NHL. [Sound of Hockey]
• How Cup contenders are able to overcome their defensive weaknesses by outscoring opponents. [NBC Sports Edge]
• A recent slump has made the Penguins’ playoff path all that much tougher. [Pensburgh]
• Which First Round matchup would suit the Bruins best at this point? [Bruins Daily]