Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• Mattias Janmark on the Golden Knights’ struggles: “It feels like we’ve been down 2-0 in a playoff series for about a month here. We’ve been doing a good job and winning games but you don’t get that much closer, you don’t get to 2-2 if you win two in a row.” [Sin Bin Vegas]
• While Russian athletes are being banned from events around the world, the NHL says it has no plans to do so for players eligible to be selected in this summer’s draft. [TSN]
• Former Hurricanes coach Bill Peters is set to be named head coach of the Alberta Junior Hockey League’s Grande Prairie Storm. [Flames Nation]
• What’s going on with the Lightning as we enter the final week of the regular season? [PHT]
• Senators coach D.J. Smith on how his young star, Tim Stützle, is being treated around the league: “First off, he’s been phenomenal and he continues to get better every day. But unfair comments were made about him diving or drawing penalties so now guys are running him and penalties haven’t been called so it’s unfortunate. He’s a young guy that takes a lot of pride and he’s been forced to miss games with these injuries. He (didn’t) practice (Thursday) and I watched him limp around just trying to get breakfast.” [Ottawa Sun]
• Some important fantasy nuggets to help you close out your league championships this weekend. [NBC Sports Edge]