Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• For the fourth straight time, the U.S. Paralympic Sled Hockey team has won gold. After topping Canada 5-0, the U.S. has now won four of the last five Paralympic Sled Hockey gold medals. [Olympic Talk]
• Another game, another poor goaltending performance from the Maple Leafs. [Sportsnet]
• The Sabres are hoping their Heritage Classic win goes a long way to bettering the team’s culture. [NHL.com]
• Good read on how the PHF’s Metropolitan Riveters’ Black Rosie the Riveter jerseys were created. [The Ice Garden]
• “Leaders of the Ukrainian community in Edmonton are calling on police to treat a ‘violent attack’ on members after an Oilers game last week as a hate crime. According to the Ukrainian Canadian Congress Alberta Provincial Council, fans displaying Ukrainian flags were assaulted by men outside Rogers Place on March 9.” [CTV]
• How to increase the diversity in coaching around hockey. [Daily Faceoff]
• “How sports can help curb climate change and make the skies cleaner” [The Score]