Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• Which moves at the 2021 NHL trade deadline worked and which ones did not? [The Score]
• Phil Kessel left Tuesday’s game after one shift to be with his wife as she gave birth to their child. Getting on the ice that short time allowed Kessel to extend his consecutive games played streak to 956. [Arizona Sports]
• The Capitals released a statement condemning Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. [NBC Sports Washington]
• How does the Wild’s recent slump affect GM Bill Guerin’s approach to the trade deadline? [Daily Faceoff]
• A look at why the offensive zone has given the Golden Knights issues this season. [Sin Bin Vegas]
• The Olympics put Jamie Lee Rattray’s talents on full display. [The Hockey News]
• Jack Drury and Jordan Spence are among the top AHL prospects in the game right now. [NBC Sports Edge]