Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• From Claude Giroux to Jakob Chychrun to Tomas Hertl, ranking the potential NHL trade deadline targets. [NBC Sports Edge]
• Looking at Giroux and what his future might hold. [NBC Sports Philadelphia]
• How will Kyle Dubas go about upgrading the Maple Leafs’ blue line? [TSN]
• Could P.K. Subban be another player on the move? The Devils will not offer him a contract extension before the March 21 trade deadline. [The Score]
• Cap space could be a weapon for Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen. [1st Ohio Battery]
• On this International Women’s Day, a look at the 25 most powerful women in hockey. [Sportsnet]
• The PHF’s Toronto Six have been sold to a group led by Angela James, Anthony Stewart, Bernice Carnegie, and Ted Nolan. [The Ice Garden]
• Nicklas Backstrom is three points away from reaching 1,000 for his NHL career, and he’s done it very quietly. [NHL.com]
• Coming off a week where he netted two hat tricks and was the NHL’s No. 1 star, what will Jason Robertson‘s next contract look like? [Daily Faceoff]
• What’s going on with the Penguins’ secondary scoring? [Pensburgh]
Sean Leahy is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @Sean_Leahy.