Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• It was a big weekend for the Penguins with two wins and some encouraging signs shining through. [Pensburgh]
• Interesting read on what it’s like to make your NHL debut during the era of COVID-19 and the challenges that come with it. [ESPN]
• It’s been quite a run for the Canucks since Bruce Boudreau took over (18-7-4), but do they have enough time to claw their way into the Western Conference playoffs? [Sportsnet]
• Sarah Nurse’s stats for Canada at the Beijing Olympics were pretty stunning. [The Ice Garden]
Quentin Grimes with his mother and his brother, Tyler Myers, whose Vancouver Canucks are in town to play the Rangers after tomorrow’s Knicks game pic.twitter.com/EsaYgxwSs3
— New York Basketball (@NBA_NewYork) February 26, 2022
• Dinamo Riga has joined Jokerit in leaving the KHL following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. [The Hockey News]