Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• Josh Morrissey wore a special purple velvet jacket to last night’s game against the Penguins in honor of his late dad, Tom, who passed away in August. Tuesday was the Jets’ Hockey Fights Cancer Night. [Sportsnet]
• More on the mess in Omaha with the USHL’s Lancers in turmoil. [Daily Faceoff]
• Kendall Coyne Schofield on the upcoming 2022 Winter Olympics, her new book, and more. [NHL.com]
• “Two years after 16 hockey players joined forces in Boston to become the first entirely transgender sports team in the United States, Team Trans — a growing group of novice to advanced players — reunited this past weekend at Capitol Ice Arena in Middleton, Wisconsin, to take on the Madison Gay Hockey Association in a weekend friendship series.” [NBC News]
• One man is on a quest to right the wrongs of statistical counting in the women’s game. [The Hockey News]