Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• “This season is already basically a write-off, so [Canadiens owner Geoff Molson] doesn’t have to panic and start firing people right away. What he does have to do is clear up the general manager situation before the NHL trade deadline on March 21. It certainly doesn’t look like Marc Bergevin will be back next season and Molson has a few months now to look for a replacement.” [Montreal Gazette]
• “The mother of a former high school hockey player who was sexually assaulted by one-time Chicago Blackhawks video coach Brad Aldrich says she was overcome with emotion watching Kyle Beach apologize to her son and thank him for filing a police complaint against Aldrich.” [TSN]
• Speaking of Miller, let’s rewatch his wonderful goal from Monday night:
TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE, KEY pic.twitter.com/ziTMCzshG6
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) November 9, 2021
• How the Canucks managed to fix a broken power play. [Daily Hive]
• Sheldon Keefe cannot figure out why his Maple Leafs are off to such a slow start. [Sportsnet]