Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• “An investigation of San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane over allegations he violated the NHL’s COVID-19 protocols centers around a fake vaccination card he allegedly submitted.” [Front Office Sports]
• According to Darren Dreger, “ongoing discussions and additional access to [Jack] Eichel’s medical file has helped teams with trade interest clearly see his situation. He adds that both the Sabres and Eichel are hopeful a deal can be worked out soon with one of the interested teams.” [TSN]
• Looking to expand its Latino fan base, the NHL is exploring hosting preseason and regular season games in Mexico. [ESPN]
• Alexis Lafrenière is eager for some real bonding time on the road this season with his Rangers teammates. [LoHud]
• Josh Ho-Sang has signed a one-year AHL deal with the Toronto Marlies. [Sportsnet]
— Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) October 5, 2021
• After a successful PTO, Alex Galchenyuk has signed a one-year, $750,000 deal with the Coyotes. [Five for Howling]