Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• Best wishes to Avalanche TV analyst Peter McNab as he begins a battle with cancer. Earlier this month the 69-year-old was elected to the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2021. [NHL.com]
• Something to keep in mind when putting together your Olympic roster projections: “All athletes and Games participants who are fully vaccinated will enter the closed-loop management system upon arrival. Games participants who are not fully vaccinated will have to serve a 21-day quarantine upon arrival in Beijing.” [Olympics]
• The Coyotes are the only NHL team that plans to relax its game-day dress code for players. [ESPN]
Crowd erupts into "Gio" chants 💙 pic.twitter.com/Xv4x63AIk7
— Seattle Kraken (@SeattleKraken) September 30, 2021
• Dave Tippett said Oilers forward Josh Archibald has been unable to “get up to speed” during training camp as he deals with some sort of illness. Doctors are trying to determine what the issue is after running tests. [TSN]
• With NHL 22 coming out in a few weeks, here’s 27 minutes of gameplay to get you ready. [Operation Sports]