Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• Broad Street Hockey reacts to Sean Couturier‘s new contract extension with the Philadelphia Flyers. [Broad Street Hockey]
• Now that Couturier’s contract is complete, Claude Giroux‘s future with the team takes center stage. [NBC Philadelphia]
• Andrei Svechnikov wanted an eight-year contract in Carolina and is committed to winning there. [Canes Country]
• His contract is the richest contract in the history of the Carolina Hurricanes franchise. [The Athletic]
• The Calgary Flames re-signed Dillon Dube to a three-year contract on Thursday. [Calgary Flames]
• Los Angeles Kings prospect Alex Turcotte should be ready for training camp after have an appendectomy this week. [Los Angeles Kings]
• Carey Price and Jonathan Drouin are expected to be ready for training camp for the Montreal Canadiens. [Sportsnet]
• Speaking of the Montreal Canadiens, what history might tell us about the Canadiens’ future. [TSN]
• Reviewing the Atlantic Division where the Tampa Bay Lightning remain the favorite. [ProHockeyTalk]
• Team reset: Toronto Maple Leafs. [NHL]
Adam Gretz is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @AGretz.