Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit for the PHT Morning Skate? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• “This organization has brought a new meaning to the phrase physical distancing, at least when it comes to the Stanley Cup.” [Montreal Gazette]
• “This is a franchise built on too many almost weres the past half-century or more. This was to be the year where everything changed. Only it didn’t.” [Toronto Sun]
• That Capitals Stanley Cup window? It’s closing very quickly. [Bleacher Report]
• The U.S. men improved to 5-0-0-1 with a 2-0 win over Germany at the IIHF World Championship. The Americans take on Italy Tuesday in its final preliminary round game. [USA Hockey]
• “Isn’t it time the NHL treated those who create offense and score goals and put people in the seats are protected as vigorously as those who are paid to stop them?” [The Hockey News]
• The Kings have signed Vladimir Tkachyov from the KHL. Is he the next big thing? [Mayor’s Manor]
• Why getting bigger and more physical will be key for the Rangers this off-season. [The Hockey Writers]