Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit for the PHT Morning Skate? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• “It’s incredible to think ownership would have priorities so out of whack that they’d be at loggerheads with their superstar captain with five years and $50 million left on his contract about his health and how to handle it. After all, Eichel is a major investment made by the organization in a player they believed would get them to the playoffs and beyond. That they’d fight with him over how to handle a neck injury is remarkable.” [Die by the Blade]
• If you missed it, here is the First Round NHL playoff schedule. [PHT]
• On David Quinn’s firing: “Anytime the Rangers really needed a game against a quality opponent, New York wilted because it didn’t have a plan.” [Gotham Sports Network]
• The NWHL free agent market is open. The Buffalo Beauts kicked things off by re-signing defender Marie-Jo Pelletier. [The Ice Garden]
• A breakdown of all of the NHWL’s jerseys, including those sweet ones from the Boston Pride. [Hockey by Design]