Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit for the PHT Morning Skate? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• Alex Ovechkin on becoming an investor with the NWSL’s Washington Spirit: “I think it’s important to support women and women’s professional athletes — not just in the United States, but all over the world.” [ESPN]
• Former NHLer Jim Paek continues to make an impact on the growing hockey community in Korea. [NHL.com]
• The star power. The matchups. The strength of the teams. The unique 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs are set up to be memorable. [TSN]
Ryan Miller shares an emotional moment with his parents after his last NHL game. 🧡 pic.twitter.com/mEqAYk6Bkq
— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) May 9, 2021
• It’s come to this for the Flames and their playoff hopes: They need to root for two regulation Oilers wins over Montreal. [Sportsnet]
• NHL to relax COVID-19 protocols for fully vaccinated playoff teams. [PHT]