Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit for the PHT Morning Skate? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• Handing out NHL trade deadline grades for all 31 teams. [NBC Sports Edge]
• Sabres GM Kevyn Adams says Don Granato’s performance has put him in the mix to be the next full-time coach of the team. [Buffalo Hockey Beat]
• There were no major pieces added at the deadline by Maple Leafs GM Kyle Dubas. “One of the major things that we [wanted] was to get through the deadline with the group intact. It’s one of the tightest knit groups we’ve had and the spirit and the vibe of the team is very good. We were excited to, we believe, add the pieces that will continue to enhance our ability to be as competitive as possible as we go into the playoffs.” [TSN]
• An interesting look at teams that went “all in” at the deadline and seeing in it paid off. [Sound of Hockey]
• Former NHLer Scott Gomez is letting his personality loose during retirement. [The Score]