Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit for the PHT Morning Skate? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Rod Brind’Amour on the Hurricanes’ current COVID-19 woes: “Are we going to be in tip-top shape? Probably not. We’re going to have to figure out different ways to make up for the time we’ve lost. We’ll find out, and I think it’s great. It really just comes down to doing it right as best you can, and that’s kind of what we’ve always preached anyway. Let’s see how this works out.” [NHL.com]
• A deep look by Marisa Ingemi on the 2021 NWHL season. [Sportsnet]
• What the Bruins going to do about this scoring drought? [Spector’s Hockey]
• Marshawn Lynch or Shawn Gretzky?
• On the Senators and learning from “young mistakes.” [The Sports Daily]
• Examining the not-so-good Canucks penalty kill. [Canucks Army]
• It’s a work in progress, but there are some promising signs so far for Ottawa. [TSN]
— Beast Mode Marketing (@BeastModeMktg) January 21, 2021