Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit for the PHT Morning Skate? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Make all the jokes you want about the weather and lack of entertainment options. How there’s nothing to do in Columbus. How there’s even less to do in Winnipeg. But for fans who are on the outside looking in, it makes no sense that Laine and Dubois — and to a lesser extent Rosolovic — would want out.” [National Post]
• “While training in Arizona, [Matt Dumba] wanted to have a vehicle shipped there from Minnesota and called a service to arrange it. He said he was greeted with racist words.”: [Star Tribune]
• Dave Randorf is the new TV play-by-play announcer for the Lighting. [Lightning]
• Ref Dan O’Halloran and linesmen Scott Driscoll, Darren Gibbs, and Brian Murphy have retired. Here’s who will be wearing the stripes in 2021. [Scouting the Refs]
• How will NHL GMs approach trades during this unique season? [TSN]
• Fun look redesigning every NHL team jersey. [Fake Teams]