Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit for the PHT Morning Skate? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jeff Marek reports that these three ECHL teams are expected not to play this season: the Cincinnati Cyclones, Idaho Steelheads and Kalamazoo Wings. [Jeff Marek]
• It can be very enlightening to observe how people felt about a trade at the moment it happened, versus how those swaps look now. Ryan Dixon broke down five recent ones, from Erik Karlsson to the Sharks and the memorable P.K. Subban – Shea Weber exchange. [Sportsnet]
• Lightning head coach Jon Cooper has accomplished a lot as an NHL coach by age 53. But in case you needed a reminder that he’s not that young, he compared the attention he gets carrying around the Stanley Cup to walking around with “Mick Jagger.” [NHL.com]
• Well, I guess Jarome Iginla didn’t make a mainstream impact in Boston during his one season with the Bruins. The Score collected tweets that showed Iginla was interviewed as a random person on the street to share his thoughts on Boston-area weather. Funny stuff. Also, I didn’t realize Iginla lives in Boston until this amusing tidbit surfaced. [The Score]
— Luke Knox (@lukeknox) December 6, 2020
• Breaking down the best player to wear every jersey number in Carolina Hurricanes history. [Canes Country]
• In many cases, people obsess over when analytics are “wrong” to disapprove their use. But, as Kent Wilson explains, the goal is merely to be less wrong. [Big Body Presence]