Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit for the PHT Morning Skate? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Tampa Bay Lightning continued celebrating their Stanley Cup title at Sunday’s Bucs-Chargers game. GM Julien BriseBois is already preparing for next season, which could see Tyler Johnson moving on to help with cap space. [TSN]
• BriseBois will certainly have his work cut out for him. [Raw Charge]
• Will the Coyotes trade Oliver Ekman-Larsson? What will Steve Yzerman do with the Red Wings’ cap room? Plenty of questions for all 31 NHL teams ahead of the opening of free agency on Friday. [Sportsnet]
• Quinton Byfield sounds like the real deal and will help whatever team drafts him down the middle. [The Score]
• What will the 2020-21 NHL regular season bubbles look like? [ESPN]
I still love to compete. I still love the game and I still want to WIN!
— Henrik Lundqvist (@HLundqvist30) October 4, 2020
• A good look at Lundqvist’s career by the numbers. [Blueshirt Banter]
• Robin Lehner on signing a five-year extension with the Vegas Golden Knights: “I have a 5-year-old, almost 6-year-old son that has five different hockey jerseys. We live a privileged life, but you want to give your family stability as well and I couldn’t find a better opportunity and a better setting than here in Vegas.” [Las Vegas Sun]