Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit for the PHT Morning Skate? Email us at email@example.com.
• “The optimist may point out how Ruff’s coaching does not provide an adverse impact at 5-on-5. However, the Devils under Hynes were rather bad in 5-on-5 hockey and the visualization also shows that Ruff’s coaching does not provide a beneficial impact. This is ultimately my problem with this hire. I do not see the evidence that Ruff is going to make the team better at what I think they need to be better at to be competitive once again.” [All About the Jersey]
• “The Devils needed someone who could coach defense, and they picked someone who’s defenses were playing terribly right across the river. You know it’s bad when the Rangers fans are celebrating a New Jersey Devils hire.” [Pucks and Pitchforks]
• How will all this time off affect NHL goaltenders when play resumes? [NBC Sports Chicago]
• Weeks after leaving the Canucks, the Wild have hired Judd Brackett as their new director of amateur scouting. [Pioneer Press]
• Zach Parise on the upcoming NHL Return to Play: “Right now hockey could really take advantage of the situation with everyone, at least everyone I’m talking to, just dying to see some sports on TV.” [Star Tribune]