Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “NHL players who need their work visas extended through the post-season were ‘strongly encouraged’ this week to return to Canada or the United States (depending on which of the two countries they play in) by June 21.” [Sportsnet]
• Surveying medical experts to get their thoughts on the NHL’s Return to Play plan. [The Score]
• Canadiens mascot Youppi! has been inducted into the Mascot Hall of Fame. [CTV]
• The Ottawa Sun apologized and ran a correction on Friday for errors in two stories published by the paper last week about the Senators Foundation cutting ties with the NHL team. [TSN]
• Despite not having a pick in the first two rounds, the 2017 Draft has paid off for the Blue Jackets. [1st Ohio Battery]
• John Stevens and Peter Laviolette remain in the hunt for the Devils’ coaching job. [NBC Sports Philadelphia]
• The NHL Coaches’ Association clinic provides a stepping stone for black coaches with a weeklong gathering offering opportunities for learning, networking, and mentoring. [NHL.com]