Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• The city of Henderson is ready to pony up $42M to build a 6,000-seat arena for the Golden Knights’ AHL affiliate, which is expected to be known as the Silver Knights. [Sin Bin Vegas]
• NHL teams have stepped up their draft prep in case the league decides to hold the event in early June, before the conclusion of the 2019-20 season. [Ottawa Citizen]
• On Kings AGM Mike Futa, he of zero NHL games as a player, parting ways with the team: “Because this is the way it works in the hockey world and it’s part of the reason why former players hold the levers of power in the NHL more than any other sport.” [The Hockey News]
• Why the Flyers would pose a threat in the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs. [NBC Sports Philadelphia]
• Kevin Labanc is confident about the 2020-21 Sharks: “We all know we can step up our game, be the best team in the league. We obviously didn’t show it this past season, but I think we all know we can.” [NBC Sports Bay Area]
• The Islanders’ salary cap picture is not looking good at the moment. [Gotham Sports Network]
• Finally, Filip Forsberg and his girlfriend, Erin Alvey, are keeping busy with trick shots during the NHL pause: