Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• One thing the NHLPA has gained during this league pause? Leverage. [ESPN]
• Despite the coronavirus pandemic, the new arena for the Islanders is expected to be completed on time. [Islanders Insight]
• No fans in arenas would make NHL broadcasts a really interesting challenge to TV rights holders. [TSN]
• Want to host isolated games when hockey returns? The NHL needs a few things from you. [Sportsnet]
• Long Island University has announced it will be adding a Division I men’s hockey program, becoming the NCAA’s 61st overall. [College Hockey News]
• Following John McDonough’s dismissal, there’s still plenty of work to do for the Blackhawks. [The Rink]
• Recapping the full results of the 2020 NWHL draft. [The Ice Garden]
• How the Sharks could benefit from league’s lost revenue. [NBC Sports Bay Area]
• On pushing back the 2020-21 NHL season and the extra games players will have to put their bodies through. [Scotty Wazz]
• Finally, Auston Matthews … with authority!