Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A pending restricted free agent this summer, Tristan Jarry is keeping his focus on finishing this season with the Penguins. [Tribune Review]
• The Ducks know all about how quickly a respiratory illness can spread after a number of players fell ill in December. [OC Register]
• Blue Jackets’ defenseman Ryan Murray is keeping a positive attitude despite his injury history. [The Score]
• Free agency is going to be interesting whenever it takes place. That’s why Jake Muzzin is feeling fortunate to have already inked his extension with the Maple Leafs. [Sportsnet]
• How William Nylander has evolved into a key piece of the Maple Leafs’ offense. [TSN]
• A fun look at the best and worst jerseys in Devils history. [Hockey by Design]
• Former NHLer Ryan Callahan has been named director of player development for the new Selects Boys’ program at Bishop Kearney High School. [Democrat & Chronicle]
• It’s time for the Panthers to create a new third jersey. [Little Box Cats]
• The Hurricanes and Panthers could be swapping AHL cities relatively soon. [News and Observer]
• Oilers forward Gaetan Haas has signed a one-year, $915,000 deal. [Oilers Nation]
• Finally, Victor Hedman talks to Roger Bennett of “Men in Blazers” about his journey from Sweden to the NHL and more:
Sean Leahy is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @Sean_Leahy.