Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• Will another player hit the 700-goal mark in the future? (The Hockey News)
• Alex Ovechkin has a good chance of passing Wayne Gretzky’s goal record. (NHL)
• Tyson Barrie would be missed if the Leafs decided to trade him today. (TSN)
• Take an inside look at how Team USA beat the Soviet Union in 1980. (ESPN)
• The Boston Bruins shouldn’t bring back Joe Thornton today. (Stanley Cup of Chowder)
• What is it like to lose a teammate on trade deadline day? (NBC Sports Washington)
• Should the Flyers trade Shayne Gostisbehere? (Inquirer)
• Here’s a deeper look at the struggles the Bolts are experiencing on the power play. (Raw Charge)
• The Leafs may have been better off with Mike Babcock and Lou Lamoriello after all. (Toronto Star)
• What will the Rangers do on trade deadline day? (Blue Line Station)
• It sounds like the Avs will trade Tyson Jost before the deadline. (Mile High Hockey)
• There’s uneasiness in Minnesota now that the trade deadline is here. (Star Tribune)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.