Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• The Golden Knights had to get creative to retrieve a soccer ball. (NHL)
• Travis Yost analyzes the best and worst linemate situations in the league. (TSN)
• Here’s 10 cost-effective trade options for contending teams. (The Hockey News)
• On the Olympic debate being a sham. (ESPN)
• The Canadiens should follow the Penguins’ model of excellence. (Sportsnet)
• Life without Seth Jones isn’t going to be easy for the Blue Jackets. (The Hockey Writers)
• It’s time for the Habs to admit that they’re not going to make the postseason. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
• Mackenzie Blackwood‘s strong play will force the Devils to make a tough decision this summer. (All About the Jersey)
• The Sabres could fill Carolina’s hole on defense. (Die by the Blade)
• Could the Avs acquire Kyle Connor from the Winnipeg Jets? (Mile High Hockey)
• The Golden Knights’ goalie rotation plan has changed because of their position in the standings. (Sinbin.Vegas)
• There’s $24 million reasons why the Predators should be concerned about Shea Weber‘s health. (On the Forecheck)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.