Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• The Leafs are about to face a stiff test without Jake Muzzin and Morgan Rielly. (The Hockey News)
• To overcome those injuries, the Leafs will have to rally together. (TSN)
• Sportsnet has 20 trade deadline candidates that you’ll hear about between now and the end of February. (Sportsnet)
• The department of player safety couldn’t have handled the Kassian – Tkachuk situation much worse. (Vancourier)
• P.K. Subban isn’t planning on asking for a trade out of New Jersey. (NHL.com)
• Canadiens rookie Nick Suzuki is adapting to life as an NHLer. (Montreal Gazette)
• Mile High Hockey provides us with a 2020 Mock Draft. No surprises at the top of this list. (Mile High Hockey)
• With Tuukka Rask injured, who will the Bruins call up in his place? (Stanley Cup of Chowder)
• The Leafs can and should acquire Alexandar Georgiev from the Rangers. (Leafs Nation)
• Can Roman Josi win the Norris Trophy this season? (On the Forecheck)
• It looks like the Sharks are starting to turn things around. (NBC Sports Bay Area)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.