Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• Jacob Markstrom met his “mini me” prior to Canucks practice. (NHL)
• Nikita Gusev has been a healthy scratch at different times this season, but his signing in starting to pay off for the Devils. (The Hockey News)
• How has goaltending impacted the Islanders’ success this season? (TSN)
• Why aren’t the Sabres closer to locking up a playoff spot than they actually are? (Rotoworld)
• Nobody should’ve counted out the Columbus Blue Jackets before the start of the season. (The Cannon)
• The Canadiens have struggled defensively, so Habs Eyes on the Prize suggests pointing the finger at Luke Richardson. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
• Caps GM Brian MacLellan supports Alex Ovechkin‘s decision to skip the All-Star Game. (NBC Sports Washington)
• Raw Charge breaks down quality starts and steals for goalies this season. (Raw Charge)
• How should the Golden Knights handle Marc-Andre Fleury while he’s struggling? (Sinbin.Vegas)
• Marc-Edouard Vlasic has been a special player ever since he first joined the Sharks. (NBC Sports Bay Area)
• Who should the Avs target ahead of the trade deadline? (Mile High Hockey)
• Philipp Grubauer and Ilya Samsonov have both pushed Braden Holtby for playing time at different times in their career. How similar are those two situations though? (Nova Caps)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.