Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• David Pastrnak has to be ready when teams start targeting him physically. (NBC Sports Boston)
• Cayden Primeau made it to the NHL a lot quicker than many people anticipated. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
• The Capitals are so tight up against the salary cap that even simple moves are painful. (Washington Post)
• Getting rid of John Hynes was the right move for the New Jersey Devils. (Pucks and Pitchforks)
• What’s next for the Devils now that Hynes is no longer in the picture? (ESPN)
• The Flyers have stabilized their top-four defensemen, but they need to figure out their third pairing. (Broad Street Hockey)
• Jordan Martinook is an important part of the Carolina Hurricanes. (Cardiac Canes)
• Kaapo Kakko may be able to help the Rangers’ power play. (New York Post)
• Jake Allen and Jordan Binnington have been an important part of St. Louis’ success. (St. Louis Game-Time)
• Connor Hellebuyck should be considered the favorite for the Vezina Trophy. (The Hockey News)
• The Seattle expansion franchise is already celebrating their one-year anniversary. (NHL.com)
• We might see a European coach make the leap to the NHL soon. (Sportsnet)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.