Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• The Bruins would like Charlie Coyle to take more shots on goal. (NBC Sports Boston)
• Caps defender Jonas Siegenthaler continues to grow into his role. (Washington Post)
• It might be time to split up Taylor Hall and Nico Hischier. (All About the Jersey)
• The Flyers are about to enter the most important week of their season. (Broad Street Hockey)
• It’s been a tough start to the month of November for the Hurricanes. (Cardiac Cane)
• What’s holding back Rangers defenseman Brady Skjei right now? (New York Post)
• These Fender NHL telecaster electric guitars are pretty interesting. [Puck Junk]
• What can Jay Bouwmeester and Zdeno Chara teach us about longevity and the hall of fame? (The Hockey News)
• Guy Carbonneau’s defensive awareness helped get him into the Hockey Hall of Fame. (NHL.com)
• Just because Dan Girardi retired, it doesn’t mean he has to step away from the game. (Sportsnet)
• The NHL issued a statement on controversial comments Don Cherry made on Saturday night. (Canadian Press)
• Andrew Berkshire shares his thoughts on who the best Canadian team in the NHL is. (Sportsnet)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.