Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ESPN asked 50 anonymous NHL players questions like: “Would you feel comfortable appearing in a national ad campaign?” Some answers may surprise you. (ESPN)
• Here’s why the Wild are in really big trouble. (Hockey Wilderness)
• How important is leadership in hockey? (Defending Big D)
• Things haven’t gone smoothly in Dallas for Joe Pavelski, but he’s finally starting to show his worth. (Dallas Morning News)
• Who is a better option for the Oilers between the pipes, Mike Smith or Mikko Koskinen? (Oilers Nation)
• The story of how a pick and a stick pushed LA Kings legend Dave Taylor. (Frozen Royalty)
• The Golden Knights have had their struggles with overtime. (Sinbin.Vegas)
• Ryan Getzlaf is adjusting to life with new head coach Dallas Eakins. (Anaheim Calling)
• Jonathan Toews is starting to get back on track after a rocky start to the season. (Chicago Tribune)
• Swedish goalie Linus Ullmark wants to make sure the Buffalo Sabres’ weekend trip through Stockholm is a memorable one. (Buffalo Hockey Beat)
• Should the Penguins be dreaming about landing Taylor Hall? (Pensburgh)
• Lightning fans have been frustrated by an under-achieving team so far this season. (Raw Charge)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.