Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• K’Andre Miller’s journey has been unique, but he’s now a top prospect for the Rangers. (ESPN)
• Islanders forwards Tom Kuhnhackl and Matt Martin will both miss 4-6 weeks of action. (NHL.com)
• It’s Monday, but it’s never too late to check out Frank Seravalli’s “Friday Five”. (TSN)
• Who has been the most surprising player for each team? (The Hockey News)
• Who have been the luckiest and unluckiest teams in the NHL this season? (Sportsnet)
• How should the media cover feuds in the NHL? (The Hockey Writers)
• Habs Eyes on the Prize debates whether or not Joel Armia can continue scoring at this incredible pace. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
• Do the Leafs have a hard time “starting on time”? (Pension Plan Puppets)
• What does the Penguins salary cap situation look like now that Erik Gudbranson has been traded away? (Pensburgh)
• The Wild have a few players that have some different habits and preparation rituals. (Minneapolis Star Tribune)
• Hawks defenseman Olli Maatta looks back at his battle with cancer five years ago. (Chicago Sun Times)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.