Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• What should Devils fans make of the decision to add assistant GM Tom Fitzgerald to the coaching staff? (All About the Jersey)
• We’ll find out what the Leafs are really made of while John Tavares is out of the lineup. (Toronto Star)
• The Rangers need to give Kaapo Kakko a bigger role. (New York Post)
• Is the Panthers’ best pairing made up of Aaron Ekblad and MacKenzie Weegar? (The Rat Trick)
• How have Sidney Crosby, Jake Guentzel and Kris Letang performed for the Pens this year? (Pensburgh)
• Jimmy Vesey admitted that his start with Buffalo has been good and bad. (Buffalo Hockey Beat)
• Mile High Hockey got a chance to speak to NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman about outdoor games, TV blackouts and more. (Mile High Hockey)
• Jonathan Toews hopes he’s climbing out of his early-season slump. (Chicago Sun-Times)
• Personal trainer Adam Francilia does a lot of work with NHL goalies including the two in Winnipeg. (Winnipeg Free Press)
• Since the Wild look so bad, the Hockey Wilderness blog decided to look ahead to the 2020 NHL Draft. (Hockey Wilderness)
• Are the Edmonton Oilers for real? (TSN)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.