Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Auston Matthews is facing disorderly conduct charge in Arizona. (TSN)
• Taylor Hall and the Devils continue to discuss the possibility of a contract extension. (NHL.com)
• All the recent RFA signings should help the Jets and Patrik Laine figure out a new contract. (Winnipeg Free Press)
• Sidney Crosby tries to explain his version of load management. (Pittsburgh Hockey Now)
• The Oilers are relieved to see Connor McDavid back in the lineup. (Edmonton Journal)
• What’s next when it comes to CBA discussions between the NHL and NHLPA? (Featurd)
• The fact that the NHLPA decided not to terminate the current CBA early is kind of miraculous. (Seattle Times)
• Find out what Gritty did during his birthday bash! (NBC Sports Philadelphia)
• The Golden Knights’ preseason TV ratings are ridiculously high. (Sinbin.Vegas)
• Who is the best passer in the NHL? Andrew Berkshire analyzes the date for Sportsnet. (Sportsnet)
• What does the addition of Justin Faulk mean for the St. Louis Blues? (Bleedin’ Blue)
• Here’s why the Carolina Hurricanes could win the Stanley Cup in 2019-20. (Cardiac Cane)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.