Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• It is official, the Stanley Cup now includes the names of the St. Louis Blues for the first time. (St. Louis Blues)
• Speaking of the Blues, the party is now over as they get back to work. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
• What is (and is not) distracting about Taylor Hall‘s contract situation for the New Jersey Devils. (All About The Jersey)
• Taking a look at some pre-season pre-draft rankings for the 2020 class. (TSN)
• Ten questions for the Columbus Blue Jackets entering training camp. (1st Ohio Battery)
• Golden Knights veterans share stories from their first NHL training camps. (Sin Bin Vegas)
• Washington Capitals general manager Brian MacLellan wants to re-sign both Nicklas Backstrom and Braden Holtby, but is that realistic? (NBC Washington)
• Inside Connor McDavid‘s NHL political awakening. (ESPN)
• Calgary Flames goalie David Rittich just wants to prove that he can be a starter in the NHL. (Flames Nation)
• Why Philadelphia Flyers defender Shayne Gostisbehere is saying sorry to Wayne Simmonds. (NBC Philadelphia)
• It is now or never for goalie Tristan Jarry with the Pittsburgh Penguins. (Tribune-Review)
• What going to salary arbitration means for a player’s long-term outlook with a team. (Anaheim Calling)
• ProHockeyTalk’s 2019 NHL free agency tracker
• Your 2019-20 NHL on NBC TV schedule
Adam Gretz is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @AGretz.