Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• Houston Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta still wants to own an NHL team. (Sportsnet)
• The structure of Zach Werenski‘s new deal could be used as a blueprint for future RFA deals. (TSN)
• What does the Werenski contract mean for Bruins RFAs Brandon Carlo and Charlie McAvoy. (Stanley Cup of Chowder)
• Alex Galchenyuk is starting to build some chemistry with Evgeni Malkin. (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
• It looks like Sabres head coach Ralph Krueger is planning to start the season with Rasmus Ristolainen. (Buffalo Hockey Beat)
• What will the Blues bottom-six forward group look like come the start of the regular season? (St. Louis Game-Time)
• Barrett Hayden might be the most important addition for the Coyotes this season. (Arizona Republic)
• Female officials are thrilled to get NHL experience. (NHL.com)
• The Nashville Predators will look to dethrone the St. Louis Blues. (Predlines)
• The Lightning could easily find a way to use Patrick Maroon and Kevin Shattenkirk on their lethal power play. (Raw Charge)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.