Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Workhorse goaltenders are becoming a thing of the past in the NHL. (TSN)
• Miro Heiskanen‘s skating ability is as good as Connor McDavid‘s, according to Tyler Seguin. (NHL.com)
• Which 2019 NHL draftees have the best shot of making it this season? (The Hockey Writers)
• The University of Guelph’s women’s hockey team won the championship after testing out a motivational application. (Globe and Mail)
• The Jackets are more than happy about everyone writing them off this season. (ESPN)
• Brett Connolly and Tom Wilson are supporting Evgeny Kuznetsov during his IIHF suspension. (Nova Caps Fans)
• Ryan Poehling is putting in the work ahead of his first full professional season. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
• Which players could earn a PTO from the Florida Panthers? (The Rat Trick)
• What are the best and worst case scenarios for the defending Stanley Cup champs? (Bleedin Blue)
• Ryan Getzlaf needs to have a bounce back season for the Anaheim Ducks. (Anaheim Calling)
• Low salary cap numbers are short term pain for long term gain. (Flames Nation)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.