Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Nashville Predators owned the worst power play in the league last season. Should they go after Kevin Shattenkirk? (Predlines)
• Shattenkirk returning to the St. Louis Blues makes absolutely no sense. (Bleedin Blue)
• Why were the Leafs willing to ship Garrett Sparks to the Golden Knights? (Sinbin.Vegas)
• The Panthers need to get off to a good start in 2019-20. (The Rat Trick)
• What can the NHL do to bridge the gap between the end of an entry-level contract and the start of a player’s fourth year? (Toronto Star)
• The Hurricanes are still waiting for Justin Williams to make a decision in his playing future. (News & Observer)
• What will Travis Konecny‘s next contract look like? (NBC Sports Philadelphia)
• Paul Byron has been incredibly consistent for the Montreal Canadiens. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
• LTIR is a big issue heading into the next CBA negotiation. (TSN)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.