Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• Blue Jackets fans will get to know newcomer Gustav Nyquist. (The Cannon)
• Columbus goalie Elvis Merzlikins brings plenty of personality to the crease. (Columbus Dispatch)
• Nick Cousins could give the Canadiens a little more offense on their fourth line. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
• Devils GM Ray Shero won’t let a potential offer sheet change the way he negotiates with Nico Hischier. (NJ.com)
• The Clock is ticking on Taylor Hall and the New Jersey Devils. Will they be able to agree on an extension? (New York Post)
• Giving Mike Sullivan an extension was a wise move for the Pittsburgh Penguins. (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
• What can Alex Galchenyuk do help improve the Pittsburgh Penguins? (Pensburgh)
• The St. Louis Blues need Robert Thomas to take another step in his development. (Bleedin Blue)
• You can’t ignore what Nikita Gusev has accomplished in his career. (Sinbin.Vegas)
• Timo Meier‘s new contract will help the Sharks with their salary cap. (NBC Sports Bay Area)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.