Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• Stars prospect Jake Oettinger is looking to battle his way into the NHL. (NHL.com/Stars)
• The Maple Leafs have found a way to use signing bonuses to their advantage. (TSN)
• Let’s look back at the worst contracts handed out on July 1st, 2018. (The Hockey News)
• What five signings would The Score like to see this offseason? (The Score)
• What went wrong with the Florida Panthers in 2018-19? Rotoworld examines. (Rotoworld)
• Will hockey culture ever accept players to sit for mental health reasons? (Grand Stand Central)
• Leafs forward William Nylander doesn’t believe that Mitch Marner has to rush signing a new contract. (NHL.com)
• How much will restricted free agents Charlie McAvoy and Brandon Carlo cost the Bruins this summer? (NBC Sports Boston)
• Habs prospect Nick Suzuki has an eye on a roster spot with the team this fall. (Montreal Gazette)
• What has Wayne Simmonds‘ body of work looked like over the last little while and how much is he worth on the open market? (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
• Joe Pavelski can still put the puck in the net, but how would he fit in with the Tampa Bay Lightning? (Raw Charge)
• The Maple Leafs may have found their backup goalie for next season. (Pension Plan Puppets)
• Should the Blues trade Jake Allen? Can they even find a taker for him? (St. Louis Game Time)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.