Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Montreal Canadiens shouldn’t be in a hurry to trade Andrew Shaw away this summer. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
• Hurricanes goalie coach Mike Banes has resigned from his position with the team. (News & Observer)
• Should the Tampa Bay Lightning stick with Jon Cooper as their head coach? (Bolts by the Bay)
• Leafs GM Kyle Dubas has 19 days to figure out how to improve his team’s roster. (Pension Plan Puppets)
• Tanner Glass is reportedly joining the Rangers’ front office. (Blue Seat Blogs)
• How does Jordan Binnington‘s run to the Stanley Cup compare to what Matt Murray did for the Penguins? (The Sports Daily)
• Steve Yzerman has to knock this draft out of the park for the Detroit Red Wings. (Detroit Free Press)
• Now that Jay Bouwmeester has won a Stanley Cup, The Hockey News looks at other notable veterans that are searching for their first championship. (The Hockey News)
• The Score takes a look at what Matthew Tkachuk‘s next contract might look like. (The Score)
• Darcy Kuemper went from being a backup goalie to becoming the most important player on the Coyotes. (Five for Howling)
• TSN’s Travis Yost writes about how the Blues’ patient approach paid off in the end. (TSN)
• NHL.com broke down the top 10 moments of the Stanley Cup Final. (NHL.com)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.