Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Montreal Canadiens need to make a big push to land Erik Karlsson in free agency. (Montreal Gazette)
• Here are three things that went right for the Caps in 2018 that didn’t go their way in 2019. (NBC Sports Washington)
• Which players should the Devils pursue via trade this offseason? (All About the Jersey)
• The Flyers have already traded for Kevin Hayes‘ rights, but there’s a few other players they should target. (NBC Sports Philly)
• The Charlotte Checkers won the AHL’s Calder Cup over the weekend. (News & Observer)
• Should the Carolina Hurricanes look at making an offer for Devils forward Taylor Hall? (Cardiac Cane)
• What impact does the Jeff Skinner signing in Buffalo have on the New York Rangers’ free-agent plans? (Blue Line Station)
• Could the Florida Panthers land Ryan Ellis or Mattias Ekholm from Nashville this summer? (The Rat Trick)
• PHT’s Adam Gretz gives us four Phil Kessel trade ideas that could make sense for everyone. (Pensburgh)
• The potential rewards for re-signing Skinner outweigh the risks for the Buffalo Sabres. (Buffalo Hockey Beat)
• The Chicago Blackhawks have to take a major step forward next season. (Chicago Tribune)
• Golden Knights GM George McPhee doesn’t expect to be very busy in free agency. (Sinbin.Vegas)
• What went wrong with the Flyers this year? Rotoworld’s Corey Abbott explains. (Rotoworld)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.