Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• The Dallas Stars signed Mattias Janmark to a one-year contract extension. (NHL.com/Stars)
• The Stars also brought back Roman Polak on a one-year deal. (NHL.com/Stars)
• Preds GM David Poile acquired Wayne Simmonds at the trade deadline, but he shouldn’t re-sign him. (Predlines)
• Trading Jesse Puljujarvi makes no sense for the Edmonton Oilers right now. (Oilers Nation)
• It’s time for the Winnipeg Jets to give Jack Roslovic a shot to be a bigger part of their roster. (Winnipeg Free Press)
• Sinbin.Vegas breaks down how the Golden Knights will likely hand out some ice time next season. (Sinbin.Vegas)
• Over the last few years, teams have avoided drafting goaltenders early. (Flames Nation)
• The Vancouver Canucks are reportedly interested in acquiring Wild forward Jason Zucker. (Vancouver Province)
• Despite the controversial call in Game 5, you won’t find a Blues fan that feels sorry for the Bruins. (St. Louis Game-Time)
• Red Wings GM Steve Yzerman isn’t interested in building a team through free agency. (NHL.com)
• Will the Rangers buy out Marc Staal and Brendan Smith? (Blue Shirt Banter)
• Even though they don’t have much cap space, the Leafs should totally go after Dougie Hamilton. (Pension Plan Puppets)
• Is Phil Kessel overrated? Raw Charge says there are new metrics that suggest he might be. (Raw Charge)
• Vladimir Tarasenko knew he needed to do more in order for the Blues to win the Stanley Cup. (Sportsnet)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.