Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• Rotoworld’s Gus Katsaros breaks down Patrice Bergeron‘s performance in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. (Rotoworld)
• Travis Yost explains why getting an early lead in hockey is a good thing, and it’s not for the reason you might think. (TSN)
• Which team should you root for in the Stanley Cup Final? (ESPN)
• Which players have the most at stake in the 2019 Stanley Cup Final? (NBC Sports Boston)
• Mats Zuccarello could be an intriguing addition for the New Jersey Devils. (All About the Jersey)
• Nolan Patrick will have to take a big step forward next season. (Broad Street Hockey)
• As good as Morgan Rielly was for the Leafs this season, there’s a chance he might continue to get better. (Leafs Nation)
• There have been rumblings about Phil Kessel being traded to Minnesota, but is that a wise move for the Pens? (Pensburgh)
• D.J. Smith has had to pay his dues on his way to becoming an NHL head coach. (Ottawa Sun)
• Chicago Wolves head coach Rocky Thompson has an interesting strategy when it comes to pulling his goaltender. (Sinbin.Vegas)
• The Winnipeg Jets have to find a way to stop taking so many penalties. (Arctic Ice Hockey)
• The Stars will benefit from the increase in the salary cap this off-season. (Blackout Dallas)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.