Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Here’s the NBC Sports Stanley Cup playoff update for May 15
• Avs forward Nathan MacKinnon will not need surgery to repair his injured shoulder. (NHL.com)
• ESPN gives us a list of the weirdest controversies in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. (ESPN)
• The Predators are hoping that Pekka Rinne can help them hoist the Stanley Cup next year. (On the Forecheck)
• Stars head coach Jim Montgomery made the transition from the NCAA to the NHL look easier than it really is. (Defending Big D)
• If the Pens trade Phil Kessel, it can’t simply be addition by subtraction. (Pittsburgh Tribune)
• Capitals goalie prospects Vitek Vanecek and Ilya Samsonov found a way to get along in the AHL this season. (NBC Sports Washington)
• Is Dan Girardi‘s 13 years of experience an asset or a liability for the Tampa Bay Lightning? (Tampa Bay Times)
• The Red Wings could opt to trade Andreas Athanasiou or Anthony Mantha in order to get themselves a proven defenseman. (Detroit News)
• What will the Chicago Blackhawks do with the third overall pick in the draft? (NBC Sports Chicago)
• What will Vegas’ roster look like if they can’t find a way to bring back William Karlsson. (Sinbin.Vegas)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.